MANTSINEN BRAND GUIDELINES
A declaration of our core purpose and focus.
Our mission is to produce solutions
for more effective material handling and for more sustainable world.
A description of what an organization aims to achieve or accomplish in the mid-term or long-term.
Our solutions and operations are financially and ecologically sustainable.
We are strongly recommended by our customers and personnel.
We will become the frontrunner within our industry – the company to be followed.
The core values that define us and drive us forward.
WE KEEP OUR PROMISES.
We deliver what we promise. Honesty and delivering on commitments are the foundation of our company.
WE ARE OPEN AND SINCERE.
We have a mutual respect towards our customers and colleagues. We communicate our goals openly, our actions are transparent and measurable.
WE FIND SOLUTIONS.
We are born with a passion to solve challenges and to innovate. We strive to improve further our world-class products and services, each and every day.
WE LIVE AND BREATHE THE MANTSINEN SPIRIT.
We work together towards a common goal, driven by the unique Mantsinen culture. This reflects, everyday, in all of our activities.
What added value can we provide our customers?
FROM ONE GENERATION TO THE NEXT.
Mantsinen will stand beside you now and in the future. We endure time and change, from one generation to the next.
THE STRONGEST LINK IN THE GLOBAL LOGISTICS CHAIN.
We are the frontrunner in material handling. We provide the most efficiency, speed and capacity for our customers, who themselves aim to be the strongest links in the global logistics chain.
Which unique feature(s) make(s) us superior to our competitors?
JOIN THE FRONTRUNNERS.
We were born with a passion to bring innovation to the material handling business. We have an intimate understanding of the industry in which we circulate. We continue with our mission and welcome our customers to join us on our journey.
THE STRONGEST LINK IN THE GLOBAL LOGISTICS CHAIN
Mantsinen provides more efficiency, speed and capacity for our customers in global logistics chain, operating with heavy and basic industry raw materials and semi-finished products. We are the frontrunner in material handling.
In 1963 the Mantsinen brothers, Veli and Juhani, start transporting wood and timber to local companies and municipalities. Slowly, but steadily, their business grew, and as the two brothers gained experience, they identified objectives and improvements in the machinery and attachments they were using.
Thus, they suggested some improvements to an established material handling machine manufacturer – and got kicked out of their head office.
“We start making them ourselves”, one of the brothers suggested..
Today Mantsinen celebrates over 55 years of entrepreneurship, a vast range of material handlers, attachments and services, and a reputation as a born-from-within-the-industry expert.
The journey continues, and we wish you welcome to join the company of frontrunners.
The long history of Mantsinen echoes in the way we communicate. A small company of two brothers has grown to be the world-leading brand in the field. All this has been achieved through hard work and with a constant will to find new ways of working and solving problems.
We are very proud of our achievements and innovations, but that does not entitle us to arrogance. Mantsinen is known as ‘the red beast’, but it’s a gentle one: strong and made to work, but easily approachable and empathetic.
Practicality and honesty are strongly present in tone. Instead of empty phrases, we are straightforward and sincere in our communication. Being a frontrunner means we dare to speak up. This, however, does not mean we are blunt and bland.
Above all, our communication is solution-oriented and supporting. We listen to our customers, personnel, suppliers and stakeholders with a sensitive ear, and instead of pointing out problems, we offer help and find solutions together. We respect also our competitors and do not speak contemptuously of them.
Our verbal tonality is backed up by strong visual style and sturdy fonts that give our brand credibility and a robust feel.
MANTSINEN STICKS TO BUSINESS
Visual tonality is composed and clear. Mantsinen’s visual messages are easy to notice and embrace.
Images and videos follow the Mantsinen brand guidelines: They are both fact-based and true – yet colorful and fresh.
Mantsinen Group operations are divided into two business units - Material Handling Machinery and Logistic Services.
Material handlers are manufactured at Ylämylly, North-Karelia, Finland and are delivered worldwide, thanks to our extensive partner network. Logistic services are provided in Finland: we aim to be the most respected partner for outsourcing operations at wood, scrap yards or terminals.
Mantsinen aims to provide its customers with the most efficient and safe solutions to material handling. Both of our business units provide unique solutions to reach this goal.
MACHINE MODEL NAMING
The Mantsinen material handling machine range includes several different models, and the model range possesses even more variation due to various power source and undercarriage options.
- To give an example of model naming, let’s study the Mantsinen 300ER: the model number 300 describes the weight class in tons, E refers to electric motor, and R refers to crawler undercarriage.
- The different model numbers, i.e. the weight classes in tons are: 60, 70, 90, 95, 120, 140, 160, 200 and 300.
- The different power sources are: E = electric motor, D = diesel engine and DE = Dualpower – both diesel engine and electric motor.
- The different undercarriage options are: R = crawler, M = rubber tire, S = rail, and F = fixed.
Notice: Abbreviations are not used in marketing communications. Instead, describe specific machine features in the text, whenever possible.
PRODUCT FEATURE NAMING
Mantsinen has certain product features and/or services, some of them carrying the trademark symbol ™ or registered trademark symbol ®, i.e. Dualpower, Hybrilift and Insight (Note that Academy has no trademark / registered trademark symbol). Following here are some clarifications on how to present the product feature names in written text:
- In body text the product feature name is written with a capital first letter, i.e. “Hybrilift”.
- If the surrounding text is written in CAPITALS, for example in a headline, the product feature name is also written in capitals: “HYBRILIFT”.
- The registered trademark symbol (“Hybrilift®”) is used when the product feature name is mentioned the first time, whether it is in a headline, lead paragraph or body text, but not the following times.
The Mantsinen logo represents the very first innovation the two Mantsinen Brothers ever made: the original Mantsinen roundwood grapple for more efficient material handling!
This logo, which consists of the original clamshell and the solid textlogo, is a reminder of the passion to innovate better solutions for the material handling business each and every day. Join the frontrunners!
Mantsinen Brand Color book enables high quality graphic design and identifiable visuals.
Mantsinen main colors consist of
- White: Fresh and clean white makes colors bloom. It is the solid ground for everything.
- Red: Bright red stands out from competitors.
- Yellow: Professional and shiny yellow of the attachments. Comes as an effect color.
- Grey: Trusty bedrock.
- Black: Mainly for texts and other darker elements.
- 0, 0, 0, 0
- 255, 255, 255
- RAL 9003
- 0, 0, 0, 100
- 0, 0, 0
- RAL 9005
- 0, 100, 100, 5
- 186 C
- 236, 18, 38
- RAL 3000
- 0, 5, 100, 0
- 109 C
- 255, 228, 0
- RAL 1018
SUPPORTING SHADES OF GREY
- 0, 0, 0, 10
- 427 C
- 230, 230, 230
- 0, 0, 0, 20
- 428 C
- 191, 191, 191
- 0, 0, 0, 40
- 429 C
- 137, 137, 137
- 0, 0, 0, 60
- 430 C
- 82, 82, 82
- 0, 0, 0, 80
- 431 C
- 60, 60, 60
Mantsinen typography unifies the brand message. It is recognizeable and easy to read.
Strong and steady Montserrat font family is all you need: It contains all the right fonts for the right purposes. It’s a free and shareable Google font.
INFOGRAPHICS AND CHARTS
Mantsinen infographics and charts are always simple and easy to read. Mainly white background, other main colors are red, black and tints of grey. Other brand colors can be used in charts if needed.
All the illustrations and graphic elements are visualized in isometric style. Isometric style is very informative and representational. The whole material handler range is also illustrated. Attachments can be used with every model.
See how these instructions are implemented on different platforms. Should you have any questions about correct implementations, contact email@example.com
Reference films play an important role in marketing. The films showcase the wide range of end customers that operate with Mantsinen machines around the world. Through the films we get to show our machines in action at worksites and also highlight how Mantsinen can improve the operations in many levels.
When shooting and editing reference films, follow these instructions:
- Shoot 4K high resolution footage. Practise has shown us that shooting with a drone produces the best footage.
- Shoot as much material as possible. That way we have more options to produce the most informative and interesting film.
- Include video footage from the surroundings as well, e.g. wider aerial shots. It is important to give the audience an overall look of the worksite.
- Steady clips are more useful than very busy and action packed clips.
- Include also a longer clip, with straight top view, where the Mantsinen machine is loading or unloading a vessel. These are called work cycles and are used to demonstrate the machine efficiency.
- Once on location, take high quality still pictures of the machine working and the client’s contact person.
Watch some reference film examples: